Forests are among the most biodiverse and valuable terrestrial ecosystems on the planet.
Yet forest also provide livelihoods to hundreds of millions of people, and timber is among the most sustainable resource available to society, with potentially
Sustainable forest management strives to balance environmental, societal and economic needs and to enhance the overall value that forests offer to society. Forest certification is a voluntary, market-based mechanism promoting the sustainable management of our world's forests.
PEFC is the world's largest forest certification system and the certification system of choice for small forest owners. Our credible standards seek to transform the way forests are managed globally – and locally - to ensure that all of us can enjoy the environmental, social and economic benefits that forests offer.
PEFC finances its work at international level almost entirely from membership fees, and your support is an important contribution to the long-term sustainability of our forests.
Kindly contact us for opportunities to support our activities.
10, Route de l'Aéroport
Case Postale 636
1215 Geneva - Switzerland
Tel: +41 (22) 799 4540
Fax: +41 (22) 799 4550
Sign up for Newsletters
- “A significant milestone for safeguarding global forests”
- Pizza Hut puts the Focus on Sustainability
- PEFC and AB Group Packaging Support use of Paper Bags, with New Tax Planned for Plastic Bags
- Experts Highlight Opportunities to Further Advance PEFC’s Assessment Process
- Stimulating Consumer Demand to Address Deforestation: PEFC Stakeholder Dialogue Agenda Shapes Up