Forests are among the most biodiverse and valuable terrestrial ecosystems on the planet.
Yet forest also provide livelihoods to hundreds of millions of people, and timber is among the most sustainable resource available to society, with potentially
Sustainable forest management strives to balance environmental, societal and economic needs and to enhance the overall value that forests offer to society. Forest certification is a voluntary, market-based mechanism promoting the sustainable management of our world's forests.
PEFC is the world's largest forest certification system and the certification system of choice for small forest owners. Our credible standards seek to transform the way forests are managed globally – and locally - to ensure that all of us can enjoy the environmental, social and economic benefits that forests offer.
PEFC finances its work at international level almost entirely from membership fees, and your support is an important contribution to the long-term sustainability of our forests.
Kindly contact us for opportunities to support our activities.
10, Route de l'Aéroport
Case Postale 636
1215 Geneva - Switzerland
Tel: +41 (22) 799 4540
Fax: +41 (22) 799 4550
Sign up for Newsletters
- PEFC Calls on Dutch Government to Engage in Inclusive Process on Sustainable Biomass Criteria
- PEFC International Awards National Members as Certified Forest Area Rises
- National Forest Certification System of Gabon Achieves Re-endorsement
- Consumers trust certification labels and expect companies to label products, PEFC research shows
- Minister Highlights Role of Forests in Mitigating Climate Change at PEFC General Assembly