The General Assembly is the highest authority and decision-making body of the PEFC Council. It is a multi-stakeholder body comprising all members of PEFC.
The PEFC Statutes define the rights and responsibilities of the General Assembly.
Among others they specify that:
- The General Assembly is the highest authority of the PEFC Council.
- Each national PEFC member is represented by one delegate who may be substituted by an authorized deputy of the same National Governing Body.
- Each International Stakeholder member is represented by one delegate.
- Any member has the right to introduce items to the Agenda of the work of the General Assembly or the Board of Directors.
The General Assembly is tasked with the following:
- Adoption and revision of the statutes of the PEFC Council.
- Amendment and revision of the technical documents and procedures governing PEFC.
- Election and the dismissal of the members of the Board.
- Adoption of the annual budget and accounts of the PEFC Council.
- Admission of new members and the dismissal of members.
Sign up for Newsletters
Photographs from the 19th PEFC General Assembly
|See all the photos from the 19th PEFC General Assembly on flickr!|