Technical Officer (Trademarks and Administration)
Full time position
PEFC International is the world's largest forest certification system. Our credible standards seek to transform the way forests are managed globally – and locally - to ensure all can enjoy the environmental, social and economic benefits that forests offer.
We are seeking a Technical Officer (Trademarks and Administration) who will be responsible for the maintenance and further development of PEFC’s administrative technical infrastructure. She or he will identify risks for the PEFC trademark and develop and provide technical tools to minimize the risks, while also managing PEFC International’s administrative relations with certification bodies and organizations using the logo.
- Supporting the development and implementation of a strategy for the protection of the PEFC trademark at international and national levels;
- Preparation and administration of logo usage contracts;
- Managing the notification of and communication with certification bodies;
- Maintaining and developing the PEFC Registration and Information System; and providing support to members in its use and implementation;
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of PEFC’s technical documentation;
- Supporting the Training and Integrity Officer to run PEFC’s Integrity Program.
The job description is only an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. The jobholder will report directly to the Head of Technical Unit and shall carry out any other duties as may be reasonably required by him.
- Educated to degree level (required)
- A recognized forestry qualification (desirable)
- Fluent English speaker (required)
- Proficiency in a second European language (desirable)
2. Previous Experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a professional role with proven direct experience of trademarks and and/or certification systems (required)
- Experience of working in an international environment (desirable)
- Experience of working in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Experience of liaising with external agencies/consultants.
3. Skills and Abilities
- Precise and accurate data management skills
- Experienced in the use of contracts and agreements
- A confident multi-tasker, able to prioritise effectively
- Comfortable in working as part of a small, multinational, multi-disciplinary team
- A self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Must have valid work permit (B, C or G) for Switzerland.
Please submit your application, including motivational letter and CV, to Florence Bell at email@example.com by no later than 25 May 2015. Applications sent directly to PEFC International will not be considered.
Sign up for Newsletters
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative Brings Teams from Across North America to Break a World Record for a Cause
- New WWF Study Highlights Strength of PEFC in Sustainable Forest Management
- Packaging Matters! MWV Releases Study Results
- PEFC Annual Review 2014 - Towards the Tipping Point
- Dr. Hans Drielsma Awarded Norman W. Jolly Medal