PEFC membership is open to national forest certification organizations and international stakeholders.
- National members (or "National Governing Bodies") are independent, national organizations established to develop and implement a PEFC system within their country.
- International Stakeholder members are international entities including NGOs, companies, and associations committed to supporting PEFC's principles.
- Extraordinary Members membership category was created for international associations and organizations that support the objectives of PEFC International, and has now been discontinued.
This unique structure allows for ethical and responsible decision-making that incorporates the combined experiences and knowledge of all stakeholders at national and international levels and highlights its commitment to participation, democracy and equity as critical and central elements in the governance of the organization.
More details on the requirements for National members and International Stakeholder members can be found in the guide below:
Sign up for Newsletters
List of PEFC Members
- Striving to improve smallholder access to certification
- Outlining expectations for forest management certification
- Datuk Himmat Singh appointed as MTCC Chairman
- Forest certification systems are effective tools to demonstrate sustainable forestry
- Call for nominations – last chance to take part in a Standards Revision Working Group