Elements of the PEFC Label
The standard PEFC logo and label includes a series of components that must be present whenever the label is used. There are also some additional optional elements also to be used.
- The PEFC logo consists of two trees surrounded by a circle and the initials “PEFC”.
- The PEFC logo is a registered trademark and always needs to be accompanied by the TM symbol.
- The PEFC logo licence number uniquely identifies the logo licence holder.
Note: The PEFC logo licence number is NOT the same as the Sustainable Forest Management or Chain of Custody certificate number.
- Indicates the percentage of PEFC certified material in the product (at least 70%) and is available for the “PEFC Certified” label only.
- The label name and label claim communicate the meaning of the logo.
- PEFC website.
The PEFC logo and the initials "PEFC" are the exclusive property of the PEFC Council and are internationally registered trademarks.
Therefore, any use that:
- implies that PEFC participates in, supports, or is responsible for an activity by a certified entity outside the scope of its certification, or
- could result in erroneous interpretation or understanding of the entity's operations with respect to its PEFC certifications, or diminished credibility of PEFC
As the trademarks are a visual cue that consumers are increasingly looking for, it is vital to correct misuse of the PEFC trademarks, even if it is unintentional. We encourage anyone to report improper uses to allow us to investigate the matter properly.
For further information about PEFC trademarks and to report suspected trademark or label misuse, please contact PEFC International at email@example.com