The PEFC logo is highly credible and allows organizations, governments, associations and others to communicate and promote their support for PEFC-certified sustainable forest management.
Off-product use does not refer to specific products or the origin of raw material from PEFC-certified forests.
Off-product use includes the use of the PEFC logo and labels to communicate PEFC certification on/in:
- Annual reports, CSR reports and, sustainability reports
- Brochures and other written material
- Information displays, posters in stores, at trade fairs
- Advertisements & flyers
Note that any use of the PEFC logo and label that refers to – or can be perceived as referring to – a specific PEFC-certified product and/or the origin of the raw material used in its production is considered “on-product” use.
Off-product labelling requires a valid Logo Usage Licence and is available to
- Certified Entities
- Non-Certified Entities
These are entities selling certified products without the requirement to obtain PEFC certification (e.g., retailers or DIYs as sellers of products uniquely identifiable, certified and labelled through suppliers) and others that strive to promote and educate about PEFC certification (e.g., governments or banks as final consumers of certified products, organizations and associations communicating about PEFC). (PEFC Logo User Group D)
- One-Time Users
Simplified licensing requirements are available for entities using the logo on a one-time basis for illustrative or educational purposes (off-product only). Examples include in the media, newspapers, magazines, reports, websites, etc.
Promoting PEFC Certification (available to all Logo User Groups EXCEPT One-Time Users)
Claim: “Promoting sustainable forest management.”
Designed for educational or promotional purposes, this label indicates support for sustainable forest management and PEFC certification.
Special Requirements for One-Time Users
- Only off-product use is allowed.
- The logo must be accompanied by the
PEFC Councilregistration number (PEFC/01-00-01) or the sentence “PEFC Licence Registration Number”.
- The claim “Promoting Sustainable Development” and “for more info: www.pefc.org” must be used.
- The disclaimer “Reproduced with permission of
PEFC Council” must appear close to the label.
For further information or to find out more about using the PEFC logo and label, please contact:
- One-time users: please contact us directly.
PEFC offers three standard labels for identification of PEFC-certified products
PEFC Certified & Recycled
- PEFC Netherlands Celebrates its 5th Anniversary
- Global Public Consultation on ATFS and the Slovenian Forest Certification Scheme
- PEFC Spain Activity Report 2012 Now Available
- Invitation: Stakeholder Meeting on the Legally Binding Agreement on Forests in Europe
- Trentino Wooden Buildings: New Partnership to Support Local Action and Long-Term Sustainability
Validate Logo Licence Number!
Check out the validity of any PEFC logo licence number online!
The PEFC logo and the initials "PEFC" are registered trademarks. We encourage anyone to report improper use.