2013 PEFC Collaboration Fund Projects
PEFC’s 2013 Collaboration Fund awarded CHF 105,000 to six projects.
Enhancing Rural Development in Spain through Wild Food Production
- Promote PEFC certification among the wild food products sector;
- Increase number of producers of PEFC certified non-wood products;
- Raise the demand of PEFC certified products within the gourmet food sector;
- Improve PEFC awareness among the global society.
PEFC Spain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting Sustainable Forest Management through independent third-party certification. It joined PEFC in 1999.
- Union of Silviculturists of Southern Europe (USSE)
- Spanish Food and Drink Industry Federation (FIAB)
Exploring Criteria, Pathways and Stakeholder Expectations to Deliver Sustainable Woody Biomass to International Markets
- Promote dialogue and cooperation between US and European stakeholders in the wood biomass for energy sector;
- Facilitate the compliance of US wood pellet production with EU sustainability criteria;
- Produce a synthesis of research on greenhouse gas accounting as related to certified forest management in the US south.
The mission of the Pinchot Institute for Conservation (Pinchot Institute) is to strengthen forest conservation thought, policy, and action by advancing sustainable forest management, developing conservation leaders and providing science-based solutions to emerging natural resource issues.
Promoting Sustainable Forest Management Among Latvian Forest Owners
- Pilot test group certification within the forest owners’ cooperative “Mežsaimnieks”;
- Raise awareness of group certification among forest owners;
- Increase area of PEFC certified private forests.
PEFC Latvia ensures the forest certification process in Latvia’s forests according to the requirements of the PEFC Latvia system, promoting sustainable forest management and supporting Chain of Custody Certification. It was established in 1999.
Going Online to Modernize and Expand Group Forest Management Certification in the British Isles
- Develop an English language online group registration and management system for private forest owners;
- Encourage uptake of the system to increase the area of PEFC certified forest in the UK and Ireland;
- Roll the template out across all PEFC member countries where English is the main/common language.
Protecting Rare Tree Species in Malaysia: Strengthening Procedures for Monitoring in Jerangau HCVF Area and Beyond
- Reduce the population decline of rare species;
- Improve forest management practices and advance sustainable forest management;
- Contribute towards the fine-tuning of national level guidelines for managing HCVFs.
The Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) was founded in 1929 as a department under the Forest Department Headquarters Peninsular Malaysia. In 1985 it became a statutory body governed by the Malaysian Forestry Research and Development Board.
- Forestry Department Peninsular Malaysia (FDPM)
- Terengganu State Forest Department (FD)
- Malaysian Timber Certification Council (MTCC)
- Kumpulan Pengurusan Kayu Kayan Terengganu Sdn. Bhd. (KPKKT)
Promoting Forest Certification to the Forest Managers of the Future
- Preparation of a series of training courses for forestry students;
- Promotion of sustainable forest management and forest certification to future forest managers.
PEFC Slovakia is an independent, voluntary, professional association of legal entities conducting its activities relating to forest land on the territory of Slovakia. It was endorsed by PEFC in 2005.
- National Forest Centre
- Association of owners of private and community forests in Banska Bystrica region
Sign up for Newsletters
PEFC Collaboration Fund over the years
List of PEFC Members
- Macedonia submits national forest certification system: public consultation open
- MTCC celebrates academic excellence in forestry
- Devotion to forest management wins AFS Richard Stanton award
- PEFC-certified Christmas trees, where can you find them this year?
- Call for Proposals: the 2017 PEFC Collaboration Fund competition is now OPEN