Sustainable Forest Management (PEFC ST 1003:2010)
Covers requirements for forest management standards applicable to all types of forests.
The interpretation of the requirements for various types of forests or geographical zones is included as an appendix to this document. The interpretation for forest plantations is included in Appendix 1 to this document. The requirements laid out in this document must be reflected in the forest management standards submitted for PEFC endorsement. They constitute requirements for owners or managers applying for forest certification, as well as contractors and other operators operating in certified forests.
Together with PEFC ST 1002:2010 this document replaced Annex 3 of the PEFC Council Technical Document (Basis for certification schemes and their implementation).
This standard entered into force on 12th May 2011.
Sign up for Newsletters
- Slovakian and German Systems and Malaysian Forest Plantation Standard Open for Global Public Consultation
- New Zealand Forests Gain International Visibility
- PEFC Releases Second Edition of Certification Body Requirements – Chain of Custody Standard
- Finland Seeks PEFC Endorsement for a Record Fourth Time: Public Consultation Open
- National Forest Certification System of Gabon Achieves Re-endorsement