Sustainable Forest Management (PEFC ST 1003:2010)
Covers requirements for forest management standards applicable to all types of forests.
The interpretation of the requirements for various types of forests or geographical zones is included as an appendix to this document. The interpretation for forest plantations is included in Appendix 1 to this document. The requirements laid out in this document must be reflected in the forest management standards submitted for PEFC endorsement. They constitute requirements for owners or managers applying for forest certification, as well as contractors and other operators operating in certified forests.
Together with PEFC ST 1002:2010 this document replaced Annex 3 of the PEFC Council Technical Document (Basis for certification schemes and their implementation).
This standard entered into force on 12th May 2011.
Sign up for Newsletters
- Chile and Latvia Seek PEFC Re-endorsement: Public Consultation Open
- SFI Inc. Applies for PEFC Re-endorsement
- Endorsement for Russian National Forest Certification Scheme Expired
- Finland Achieves PEFC Endorsement for a Record Fourth Time
- PEFC to Develop Mechanism for the Transfer of GHG Emission Data