Sustainable Forest Management (PEFC ST 1003:2010)
Covers requirements for forest management standards applicable to all types of forests.
The interpretation of the requirements for various types of forests or geographical zones is included as an appendix to this document. The interpretation for forest plantations is included in Appendix 1 to this document. The requirements laid out in this document must be reflected in the forest management standards submitted for PEFC endorsement. They constitute requirements for owners or managers applying for forest certification, as well as contractors and other operators operating in certified forests.
Together with PEFC ST 1002:2010 this document cancels and replaces Annex 3 of the PEFC Council Technical Document (Basis for certification schemes and their implementation).
This standard entered into force on 12th May 2011. The transition period for forest certification systems which achieved PEFC endorsement before this date is 12th May 2013.
Sign up for Newsletters
- Indonesian Forest Certification Scheme Open for Public Consultation
- Argentina Seeks PEFC Endorsement
- Luxembourg Forest Certification System Seeks Re-Endorsement by PEFC
- Chain of Custody Training Seminar at the PEFC Forest Certification Week
- Malaysian and Gabonese Certification Schemes Open for Public Consultation