China Forest Certification Council (CFCC)
The China Forest Certification Scheme was endorsed in 2014. The latest system is currently under assessment.
2011 system documentation
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 20 June 2011
- Review date: 14 November 2019*
* The review date is linked to the approval date of the revised Sustainable Forest Management standard PEFC ST 1003 (14 November 2018).
2020/21 system assessment
- Status: Public consultation finished, assessment ongoing
- Type: Assessment of revised system, endorsement of Trees outside Forests standard
- Download the system documentation
- System submitted for assessment: 6 December 2019
- Consultation: 1 March - 30 April 2021
- Assessor: Indufor Oy
Watch the recording of the webinar to find out more about this national system.
- Endorsed: 5 February 2014
- Joined PEFC: 30 June 2011
History before PEFC
China started studying and exploring forest certification at the end of the 1990s. We started building the national forest certification system in 2001 and the resulting China Forest Certification Scheme (CFCS) was launched in 2010.
With efforts over more than ten years, important breakthroughs and progress have been made for forest certification in China, and the national forest certification scheme has been established, which is suitable to the national condition and forest situation in China and in line with international practice.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
In February 2014, CFCS achieved endorsement by PEFC. Forest products with Chinese forest certificates were accepted in more than 40 countries, and the logo of China forest certification became the “green passport” for certified products in entering the international market.