History before PEFC
PAFC Cameroon was created in July 2007 with the principal objective to set up a Cameroonian forest certification system. This is even in our name: ‘PAFC’ stands for ‘Pan African Forest Certification’. This national scheme allows us to promote sustainable forest management in Cameroon.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
PEFC ensures that certified forests are sustainably managed and makes the origin of timber and timber products traceable along the entire supply chain.
The PEFC alliance increases the credibility of PAFC on the African continent and makes African countries more reliable in the international market.
Cameroonian system information
- Webinar: 1 February 2021, 10:00 (CET)
- Public consultation: 1 February - 1 April 2021
- Latest system submitted for assessment: 22 December 2020
- System endorsed: 12 November 2019
- Public consultation: 10 May - 9 July 2017
- System submitted for assessment: December 2016
- Joined PEFC: 30 October 2007