History before PEFC
PEFC Luxembourg initiated in 1999 via Groupement des Sylviculteurs, a forest owners’ association. PEFC Luxembourg a.s.b.l. was officially founded in 2002 in order to offer forest and CoC certification to Luxembourgish companies and forest owners.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
There is a demand for certified material, so the key benefits are access to markets, as well as contributing to a positive public image of forest management and wood as a natural sustainable material.
Luxembourgish system information
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 17 May 2018
- Review date: 17 May 2023
- Public consultation: 9 November 2018 - 14 January 2019 - listen to the webinar recording
- Latest system submitted for assessment: 25 June 2018
- Re-endorsed: 29 July 2014
- Re-endorsed: 28 July 2010
- Endorsed: 12 August 2005
- Joined PEFC: 22 November 2002