History before PEFC
PEFC Netherlands was founded in 2008 and registered as an association to expand the number of certified forest hectares in the Netherlands and increase the number of certified companies through independent third-party certification.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
Being part of the global PEFC alliance makes sure that Dutch forest owners and companies can make use of a globally accepted and recognized environmental label. Together we can work on our mission: offer guarantee to the society that in sustainably managed forests, sustainable wood is produced while the forests are upheld.
Dutch system information
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 24 November 2011
- Review date: 14 November 2019*
* The review date is linked to the approval date of the revised Sustainable Forest Management standard PEFC ST 1003 (14 November 2018).
- Joined PEFC: 5 October 2006
- Endorsed: 21 December 2012