History before PEFC
PEFC UK was created in 2000 to act as the national governing member for PEFC International in the UK.
What are the benefits of being part of the PEFC alliance?
The PEFC alliance is a fantastic organisation (or family) for sharing of knowledge and ideas so that each national member can flourish and expand to ensure as many forests as possible are certified as sustainable. Being part of the PEFC family ensures that you are never short of support and experienced personnel to assist you in your day to day work.
UK system information
To maintain its PEFC endorsement, the system must meet specific endorsement milestones. The first milestone is the start of the periodic review within five years of the national approval of the sustainable forest management standard.
- National approval date: 20 April 2016
- Review date: 20 April 2021
- Revised system endorsed: 29 March 2018
- Public consultation: 8 June - 7 August 2016
- Revised system submitted for assessment: 31 May 2016
- Re-endorsed: 29 July 2013
- Re-endorsed: 4 March 2008
- Endorsed: 6 March 2002
- Joined PEFC: 26 January 2001