2017 PEFC Collaboration Fund deadline approaches – apply now!Mar 15 2017
With the deadline just a few weeks away, we encourage anyone who was not yet applied for the 2017 PEFC Collaboration Fund to send us their proposals for new and innovative projects.
The last day for submitting your proposals is 31 March 2017.
“Every year we are flooded with great project proposals from all over the world and have to make tough choices about where to invest our funding,” said Sarah Price, Head of Projects and Development at PEFC International.
“This is a hard process but it fills us with optimism: recognizing just how much inspiration, innovation and commitment exists at the grassroots level and the promise it holds in safeguarding the world’s forests.”
So what are we looking for?
Applicants can submit a wide range of projects, but in particular we are interested in:
- New approaches or activities that raise awareness, communicate and promote certification or certified products;
- Capacity building that enables the expansion of forest certification;
- Research relevant to PEFC International's Sustainability Benchmarks or the implementation of national standards;
- Research and exploration to further integrate new products, services and/or approaches into PEFC certification systems.
Over 600,000 Swiss Francs invested so far
Since 2011, the Fund has awarded around 600,000 Swiss Francs across 30 projects in 25 countries and involving 70 organizations. Our investments have helped to mobilize new partnerships and move some really great ideas into action.
The co-funding requirement of the Fund has also helped to unlock other sources of funding, leveraging 800,000 CHF co-funding into the projects.
What all the projects funded over the years have in common is the ability to deliver real impact on the ground, while also showing potential for eventual replication or impact at the international level. It’s in this way that the Fund brings to life the PEFC spirit of think global – act local.
Proposals can request a PEFC contribution of anything up to 40,000 CHF and should have a project timeframe up to two years. Grantees must provide evidence of at least 35% additional co-funding from other sources within the overall project budget. All proposals must be submitted using the application form.
Download the application form and apply by 31 March 2017!
- Call for Proposals
- Application form
- Learn more about the PEFC Collaboration Fund, including past and current projects
- Contact us at email@example.com; Tel. + 41 227 994 540.
- Convocatoria de propuestas
- Formulario de solicitud del Fondo de Colaboración de PEFC
- Conoce más acerca del Fondo de Colaboración de PEFC, incluyendo proyectos pasados y proyectos en curso
- Puedes contactarnos en firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel. + 41 227 994 540