Job opportunity at PEFC: South East Asia Representative
30 July 2019 News
We are looking for a South East Asia Representative, with a commitment to certification and supply chain management, to support our expanding profile of work in Southeast Asia.
The position is for an 18-month consultant contract, with the possibility of extension. The role is based in Southeast Asia, with regular travel throughout the region required. However, the specific location is flexible.
The main objective is to implement the work plan of PEFC South East Asia and the PEFC International office. This includes stakeholder engagement and support for the PEFC members in the region alongside the PEFC International team.
Specifically, the Representative will focus on:
- Raising awareness, building capacity and encouraging the uptake of PEFC certification throughout Asia at national and regional level;
- Increasing PEFC’s presence and availability throughout Southeast Asia through communications, stakeholder engagement and market linkages;
- Expanding Chain of Custody, developing the demand and the engagement of companies in the forestry sector;
- Participating in pilot projects, national and regional initiatives for scaling up and driving innovation in the implementation of Sustainable Forest Management and;
- Supporting the South East Asia Program with strong linkages to the PEFC International collaborative focus areas.
Desired Qualifications & Competencies:
- University degree(s) in International Policy or Business, Forestry, Agribusiness, Supply Chain Management, Natural Resources Management or related studies;
- A proven track record in supporting communication and stakeholder engagement efforts in Asia, and if possible, in forestry supply chains;
- Extensive knowledge of natural resources certification;
- Implementing or auditing Chain of Custody certification a strong advantage;
- Project management and supporting ongoing fundraising efforts;
- Ability to facilitate training, organise and run seminars.
- Flexible, pro-active and dynamic. Ability to work autonomously, but in close connection with PEFC International.
- Confident to influence key stakeholders at all levels in English.
- Based in the Southeast Asia region (although specific location is flexible), and willing to travel throughout the region.
Fixed term contract with the potential for renewal. The ideal time commitment is estimated at 22 days per month, but the specific terms can be agreed upon with the ideal candidate.
How to apply:
Please send your Letter of Intent, including your rates, and your Curriculum Vitae in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, with the successful candidate expected to be able work within the month of selection.