PEFC job posting - COO/Deputy Secretary General
23 June 2022 Job vacancy
Position title: COO - Deputy Secretary General
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Reporting line: Secretary General / CEO
Application deadline: 5 July 2022
General job mission
- PEFC Council’s second-in-command, responsible for the efficiency of the operations
- Responsible for securing the functionality of business, overseeing the organisation’s operations, processes, and people
- Together with the CEO, co-lead a lean, efficient organization and services to its members, which mission is to promote sustainable forest management and the value chain behind it through independent third-party certification.
- Ensure effective internal and external communications
- Substitute the CEO in his/her absence
- Ability to think strategically while delivering the implementation of set objectives in a planned, sequenced and procedural way
- Oversee daily operations of the organisation liaising with all executives (Finance. Communications, Marketing, Member services, Office management and Brussels Representation/lobbying and advocacy)
- Responsible for optimizing the coordination between units
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication and act as the HR Responsible for all operational HR issues as well as staff selection and retention processes
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth – Create tools to evaluate performances
Together with CEO
- Support the CEO with strategic advice and in representing PEFC in front of all its members, partners and other government instances
- Keep fluid relation with the PEFC members
- Review regularly and set organisational and project priorities with the CEO
- Animates senior leadership meeting together with the CEO to follow the progress of various projects’ implementation. Cascading down the key strategic orientation to their respective perimeter of competences.
- Submit update operational reports to the CEO, including financial, performance, members service quality indicators
- Master’s degree in economics, natural sciences related to forestry, wood industries or equivalent
- Previous management responsibilities in a Membership organization/NGO/Development or Sustainable institution highly recommended
- Competencies in strategic planning (Organisational development, Process organisation, Project Management)
- Competencies in people management and team performance in an intercultural organization
- Understanding of membership organisation functions (Forestry, forest products-based sector, technical certification, Communications, Marketing and Sales, Development, Finance and HR)
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Analytical mind and pragmatic implementation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Understanding, valuing, and making the best out of cultural diversity
- Have exemplary work ethics
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Availability to travel
What's on Offer
- An outstanding, international committed team working globally.
- A dynamic international work environment and enriching professional experience.
- Competitive salary including an incentive package commensurable to achieved targets.